Another busy year, which gave me excellent memories, but also very good lessons. New collaborations, opportunities and possibilities. My path seems to become more and more exploratory, in constant change, reshaping itself as I move from one project to another. Here is my top 9 for 2017:
1. I started giving creative workshops in high schools, with the Culture à l'école program.
2. The Srabble Corporate Edition is finally completed, and shared by the blog designboom.com
3. My work goes on sale at Artsida auction at the Montreal Museum of Contemporary Art.
4. Creation of 13 new mashups for the HAHA-ART, with Just for Laughs and the Museum of Fine Arts.
5. New series of Fictitious Petroglyphs. They appear in issue #3 of As.Iz magazine.
6. Collaboration with Gribouilliz for the RU Festival on Mont-Royal Avenue.
7. Trip to the UK with LOJIQ to participate in the Happy Summercamp and visit London.
8. Skull & Mirrors. A new series of 3D works presented at Station 16 gallery.
9. Interactive work created for Pas d'radis Fiscaux, with ATSA at Parc Émilie-Gamelin.
All the works presented at HAHA-ARTS are currently available in a silent auction, with all funds going to Children's Wish Foundation. Be generous! To place a bet, simply follow this link. Auction ends on July 30th.
HAHA-ART opening night
Thank you to everyone who came to the opening on Monday night, I had a great time! You have until July 30 to enjoy it. Photo credit: Toma Iczkovits http://tomaphotographe.com/
News and upcoming events
A lot of news for the beginning of this year. First of all, my site has been updated and is now available in both English and French. I recently got my recognition as a professional artist at RAAV; an important step that will help me reach upcoming goals. One of my works has been selected by Collective Arts Brewing to be printed on beer labels distributed in Canada and the United States. These are available at SAQ, among others. This spring, I will also participate in 4 benefit auctions! These events are great opportunities for collectors to acquire artworks at affordable prices, while supporting good causes.
Artsida is AIDS Community Care Montreal's signature fundraiser. Opening: March 3 from 6 PM, Galerie Dentaire, 1200 Amherst. Main Event: March 12 from 6 PM, Musée d'art contemporain de Montréal, 185 Sainte-Catherine W. Tickets available at artsida.org/tickets.
The second edition of Parle-moi d’amour Rive-Sud gathers more than 80 artworks from professional artists, Les Impatients and collectors. The earnings raised during the auction will help fund Les Impatients’ workshops located at l’Espace Création Dominique Payette. Exhibit: from April 4 to April 12, 2017. Opening on April 4 from 5 PM, closing on April 12 from 5 PM, at 1101 Victoria Street, Saint-Lambert. Free entrance.
The 6th edition of the exhibition-auction Parle-moi d’amour Centre Wellington will present approximately one hundred works from Les Impatients, professional artists and collectors to be auctioned. The earnings raised will help fund Les Impatients’ workshops in Verdun. Exhibit: from April 25 to May 5, 2017. Opening on April 25 from 5 PM, closing on May 5 from 5 PM, at 4932 Wellington Street, Montreal. Free entrance.
The Montreal Parallel Learning Center (CAP) is continuing the moi m'aime event featuring 100 self-portraits by artists who are the pride of the cultural scene! Self-portraits were created to change the public's view of mental illness. These will be auctioned on May 2, 2017 at 5 PM at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts.
1. FAN ART, exposition dans les locaux de l'agence idiphi au printemps.
2. Les rencontres de la diversité, au Musée des beaux-arts de Montréal.
3. Lancement du recueil Créativité/Creativity, publié par les Éditions FrI.
4. Finaliste au concours international d'arts visuels Juste Pour Rire 2015.
5. Partenariat avec la galerie Station 16 au début de l'été.
6. Voyage en Angleterre et visite de Dismaland.
7. Article paru dans la revue TicArtToc, publiée par Diversité Artistique Montréal.
8. Lancement d'un nouveau print en collaboration avec la galerie Station 16.
9. Conférence pour le cours Art, Culture et Société à l'UQAM.